Empty homes or even empty rooms can make it hard on buyers to envision how their own furnishings may look in a home. Having minimal furnishings and decor will make homes more appealing to prospective buyers.
“Staging” or showing your home in the best way is tremendously important for getting your home sold quickly. Here are some tips to help you earn a standing ovation and a quicker sale.
- Whether the house is vacant or you’re still occupying it, make repairs and organize before you even begin to market the home.
- Remove all excess clutter from house and excess items on tables and counters. You’re moving so go ahead and just pack it all away.
- Fresh flowers and candles will liven up the place. Don’t overdue it though.
- Keep lights on for showings and window treatments, including blinds open to provide lots of light and no obstruction to views.
- Are your closets large and organized? Leave the closet door open some to make the space and organization obvious.
- Put freshly folded towels in the bathrooms.
- If you have a surround sound system, play low and soothing background music during showings.
- Bake cookies to scent the house with a “homey” feeling. Burn oils that release a natural comfort aroma like vanilla, cinnamon, or apple.
- If you have a fireplace and it’s in the cooler months, have a fire going.
These are just some of the easy things anyone can do to get a home sold quicker. A real estate “expert” in your area should be able to tell you if your home needs additional things completed, once they visit your home, that would help make your transaction happen quicker.
Selling your home in Kokomo, Lafayette, or Zionsville Areas? Let me help you to make you the most money possible in the shortest amount of time. I offer sellers a professional, written marketing plan, the most progressive marketing strategies in the industry, consulting, and staging.
Give me a call, let’s get YOUR home listed and SOLD! (765) 210-5582
Gena Martin Realtor, Managing Broker
Posted on December 24, 2015 at 6:54 am by Gena Martin Realtor