When the holidays are approaching, sellers often wonder if they should keep their properties on the market or take them off. They also believe if they haven’t listed their homes yet, that they should wait until after the first of the year or until spring.
You should know that the Internet and new technology have given rise to a new generation of buyers with smartphones, tablets, and laptops. People have instant access to information, and buying a home has become a year-round event. The Internet also cuts down on the amount of time that it takes to buy a home because many buyers begin their shopping online. The reality is that people are always looking for homes – before, during and after the holidays.
Here’s why you should consider listing your home during the holidays.
1. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you!
2. Winter buyers are more serious about buying a home.
3. You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated buyers.
4. Your home looks better, while decorated, during the holidays
5. One of the highest percentages of “listings sold” to “listings taken” occur during this time of year.
6. Homebuyers are more emotional during the holidays, and for some reason, they tend to buy more and spend more when their emotions run high.
7. During the holidays, you can work with your realtor to restrict showings during personal family events.
8. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holiday period and can look during the weekdays.
9. As sellers put their homes back on the market in January, the supply of homes goes up dramatically, which translates to less demand for your particular home and less money as well.
10. By selling now you can choose to have a delayed closing or extend occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you would like.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
12. Corporate transferees, who need to buy a home now, can’t wait until spring.
If you want your home sold it’s best to get it on the market now, since we know your home definitely won’t sell while it’s off the market.
If you are thinking about selling real estate in Indiana, please call me. I would love to share with you all the things I do to sell my listings! Gena Martin Realtor (765) 210-5582
Posted on November 17, 2014 at 8:45 am by Gena Martin Realtor